Wednesday, March 28, 2012

memory

I have production SQL server with 2GB, Memory is configured Dynamically with
Maximum of 1537MB, can I increase this to maybe 1800MB or do I need to add
more memory . would 500MB for the OS is planty?
Thanks
Hello,
Take a look into the memory performance counters and see the memory usage
and buffer cache hit ratio during peak usage. If every thing is normal then
you can live with what you have. Incase if you have memory contension then
probably you can go for 4 GB plus.
Thanks
Hari
<msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23ExlC0WcHHA.3648@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I have production SQL server with 2GB, Memory is configured Dynamically
>with Maximum of 1537MB, can I increase this to maybe 1800MB or do I need to
>add more memory . would 500MB for the OS is planty?
> Thanks
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment