Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Memory : Pool Paged Bytes Increasing until Database Server Hang Up

Hi,
I have a SQL2000 server that is running a DTS continuously and I
discover that
my server pool paged bytes keep increasing until the whole db server
would hang up and I need to reboot the db server.
Details of my db server :
OS Patch : SP3
SQL Patch : SP3
Memory : 3GB
I have tried monitoring all the process but none of them seems to be
increasing. These are the process that I am monitoring.
-Memory : Available Bytes
-Memory : Pool Paged Bytes
-Process : Handle Count
-Process : Non Paged Bytes
-Process : Paged Bytes
-Process : Private Bytes
Is there anything that I can monitor to check why my memory:pool paged
bytes is increasing?
Appreciate your help.
ThanksMike,
Did you ever find an answer to your question? I am having a similar
issue with my servers.
jtw
On 28 Aug 2003 19:45:38 -0700, MikeLee@.techsemicon.com.sg (Mike Lee)
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a SQL2000 server that is running a DTS continuously and I
>discover that
>my server pool paged bytes keep increasing until the whole db server
>would hang up and I need to reboot the db server.
>Details of my db server :
>OS Patch : SP3
>SQL Patch : SP3
>Memory : 3GB
>I have tried monitoring all the process but none of them seems to be
>increasing. These are the process that I am monitoring.
>-Memory : Available Bytes
>-Memory : Pool Paged Bytes
>-Process : Handle Count
>-Process : Non Paged Bytes
>-Process : Paged Bytes
>-Process : Private Bytes
>Is there anything that I can monitor to check why my memory:pool paged
>bytes is increasing?
>Appreciate your help.
>Thanks
--
http://www.UsenetRocket.comsql

No comments:

Post a Comment