Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Memory

Hi,
I have a server with 3 CPUS and 4 GB RAM and I would like to allocate a dyna
mic memory that the min server memory is 2gb and the max server memory is 3
GB, But i see in the error log from sql server the following message "unable
to allocate 'min server me
mory 2000" in the task manager the memory value is 1.732.504, Does anybody k
now what is happening ! I must set in the boot.ini from the machine with the
option /3g or the SQL should allow me to set the memory to 2 GB ?
Please Help me !To access more than 2GB, you need to be running SQL Enterprise or Developer
edition and your operating system needs to support > 2GB. See the link
below for details on how to configure.
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...750&Product=sql
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
"Carrasco" <roberto_carrasco@.msn.com> wrote in message
news:5919CF87-67F3-45DE-8918-470C3F120493@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have a server with 3 CPUS and 4 GB RAM and I would like to allocate a
dynamic memory that the min server memory is 2gb and the max server memory
is 3 GB, But i see in the error log from sql server the following message
"unable to allocate 'min server memory 2000" in the task manager the memory
value is 1.732.504, Does anybody know what is happening ! I must set in the
boot.ini from the machine with the option /3g or the SQL should allow me to
set the memory to 2 GB ?
> Please Help me !sql

No comments:

Post a Comment