Friday, March 30, 2012

Memory allocation ?

I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003
Enterprise, do I need to do anything special to utilize >2GB of Ram?
We have 4GB, but I don't think we are using very much of it. Is there a
easy way I can find out what we are currently limited to?
I read somewhere on groups that if "SQLServer:Buffer Manager - Page life
expectancy" in perfmon dips below 300 it could be a sign of too little ram.
Thanks!Jesse
Have you tried to switch in the .ini file \3GB? SQL Server will be able to
use 2GB and 1GB for OS.
"Jesse Gardner" <ih8spam@.badcrc.com> wrote in message
news:2sdv2bF1j6t65U1@.uni-berlin.de...
> I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003
> Enterprise, do I need to do anything special to utilize >2GB of Ram?
> We have 4GB, but I don't think we are using very much of it. Is there a
> easy way I can find out what we are currently limited to?
> I read somewhere on groups that if "SQLServer:Buffer Manager - Page life
> expectancy" in perfmon dips below 300 it could be a sign of too little
ram.
>
> Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment