Wednesday, March 28, 2012

memory - PAE / AWE...........

My server is a mssql2000 sp3 server in windows 2000
advanced server.
My server has 3 GB of memory. PAE is enables in the
boot.ini. My memory to mssql is unrestricted. In the task
manager, the memory of mssql shows as 2.7GB. I still have
page faults at 9,27,6683 for 21 days of non-reboot.
Is MSSQL really using 2.7 GB? DO I need more memory?
What is the 'awe enabled' option all about?
regards,
bharathIf you have only 3 GB then the only switch you need in boot.ini is /3GB, you
don't need /PAE. Assuming you have SQL2000 Enterprise Edition then SQL
Server will be able to use the memory. You don't need to enable awe when you
only have 3GB of RAM.Which counter are you using to determine page faults ?
--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org
"bharath" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0a1701c3d5b6$f9aec310$a101280a@.phx.gbl...
> My server is a mssql2000 sp3 server in windows 2000
> advanced server.
> My server has 3 GB of memory. PAE is enables in the
> boot.ini. My memory to mssql is unrestricted. In the task
> manager, the memory of mssql shows as 2.7GB. I still have
> page faults at 9,27,6683 for 21 days of non-reboot.
> Is MSSQL really using 2.7 GB? DO I need more memory?
> What is the 'awe enabled' option all about?
> regards,
> bharath

No comments:

Post a Comment