Friday, March 30, 2012

Memory allocation ?

I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003
Enterprise, do I need to do anything special to utilize >2GB of Ram?
We have 4GB, but I don't think we are using very much of it. Is there a
easy way I can find out what we are currently limited to?
I read somewhere on groups that if "SQLServer:Buffer Manager - Page life
expectancy" in perfmon dips below 300 it could be a sign of too little ram.
Thanks!
Jesse
Have you tried to switch in the .ini file \3GB? SQL Server will be able to
use 2GB and 1GB for OS.
"Jesse Gardner" <ih8spam@.badcrc.com> wrote in message
news:2sdv2bF1j6t65U1@.uni-berlin.de...
> I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003
> Enterprise, do I need to do anything special to utilize >2GB of Ram?
> We have 4GB, but I don't think we are using very much of it. Is there a
> easy way I can find out what we are currently limited to?
> I read somewhere on groups that if "SQLServer:Buffer Manager - Page life
> expectancy" in perfmon dips below 300 it could be a sign of too little
ram.
>
> Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment