Saturday, February 25, 2012

mdx query

I'm tring to extract some data from an ssas 2005 cube to build a report with ssrs 2005.

The report should have a variable number of columns and a fixed number of rows ... so I think I cannot use a table control but I must use a matrix control ...

So I would group the column for the fiscal month and the row for the measure name or caption ... an put the measure value inside the matrix.

To do that I sholu run a query to extract data in the following form ...

fiscal month mesaure name measure value month 1 measure 1 xxx month 1 measure 2 xxx month 1 measure 3 xxx month 2 measure 1 xxx month 2 measure 2 xxx month 2 measure 3 xxx

The problem is ... when running an mdx query on reporting services I need to put the meausure only on the columns ...

so any idea on how can I extract data from ssas in that form ?

Cosimo

If the list of measures is fixed/static (ie. always 1, 2, 3), you could place the fixed measures on columns in the MDX query, but then place these measures on static rows in the matrix - months would go on dynamic columns:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159652(SQL.90).aspx

>>

SQL Server 2005 Books Online

How to: Add a Static Column or Row to a Matrix (Report Designer)

...

>>

No comments:

Post a Comment