Saturday, February 25, 2012

MDX Problem

Hi,
I have a problem and looking forward to get any help...
here is a simplified version of my facts table:
id scanlocation causerlocation
---
1 Hamburg xxx
2 Hamburg xxx
3 Berlin xxx
4 xxx Hamburg
5 xxx Berlin
6 xxx Berlin
'xxx' means that it doesn't matter what the value for this field is.
scanlocation and causerlocation are both dimensions.
I have a count measure on the id.
My report should look like that:
Location #scanlocation #causerlocation
----
Hamburg 2 1
Berlin 1
2
To make it short, it doesn't help me to create two datasets, I need to
have the data in one dataset.
Any idea?
Florianwhat does you mdx query look like, i may be able to help if this still isn't
solved.
Greg
"Florian Schäfer" <fschaefer@.ita-logistics.com> wrote in message
news:1134650461.843554.161950@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I have a problem and looking forward to get any help...
> here is a simplified version of my facts table:
> id scanlocation causerlocation
> ---
> 1 Hamburg xxx
> 2 Hamburg xxx
> 3 Berlin xxx
> 4 xxx Hamburg
> 5 xxx Berlin
> 6 xxx Berlin
>
> 'xxx' means that it doesn't matter what the value for this field is.
> scanlocation and causerlocation are both dimensions.
> I have a count measure on the id.
> My report should look like that:
> Location #scanlocation #causerlocation
> ----
> Hamburg 2 1
> Berlin 1
> 2
> To make it short, it doesn't help me to create two datasets, I need to
> have the data in one dataset.
> Any idea?
> Florian
>|||> what does you mdx query look like, i may be able to help if this still isn't
> solved.
The MDX query was what I needed, but it's solved now...

No comments:

Post a Comment