Monday, February 20, 2012

Mdx Function to get Descentants until a specific level is reached?

Hi,

I have a parent-child dimension in wich i need to analyse data only to a specific level...

Imagine that my dimension have 10 levels but i only want to get the hierarchy to reach the level number 3..

So it would be in the report like this:

Level0

Level 1

Level 2

Level 1

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Best Regards,

Luis Simoes

I may be wrong but I think AS does give the levels names in a P-C dimension. Unless you change the default I think they are called [Level 0], [Level 1], [Level 2], etc...

I am assuming that you can use those level names in the DESCENDANTS() function. I don't have a P-C dimension to hand so can't try it out. Let us know if it works.

-Jamie

|||

True, you get the level names in a Parent Child dimension.

However, if you just one the first 3 levels you could just use:

descendants([Dimension].[All Member Name],2, SELF_AND_BEFORE)

Santi

|||

Hey nice, i havent tought about that one... ehehehe

Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment