Monday, February 20, 2012

MDX in KPI Value Expression

Hi,

I'm having some problems when developing a couple of KPI's in analysis services. I'd like them to calculate new contracts and renewal of contracts. I have a measure called [Contract Count] which i want to use but i need this to be filtered by the specific contract type member. In my KPI Value expression i have the folowing:

{[Measures].[Contract Count], [Contract].[By Contract Type].[ContractType].&[Renewal]}

I get the following error when i try to run this:

Members belong to different hierarchies in the function

Can anyone suggest what i'm doing wrong. I'm new to MDX and believed that this was the way to get return the required set.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Grant

Hi all,

Apologies, my bad. I've found that i've been using {} instead of () parentheses.

It's working now.

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment