Monday, February 20, 2012

MDX Parameter in RS2005

Ok, I am not sure if I am going about this the correct way, so I thought I would ask...

I have an MDX query for the dataset in a report. A portion of this query defines a range of numbers to pull.

Example:

FROM ( SELECT ( {[OrderDate].[Business Day Number Of Month].[1]:[OrderDate].[Business Day Number Of Month].[5]} )

returns business day numbers 1-5. Works great in both RS and QA.

Now, for the second value I want to insert a parameter that I can free form enter into a text box. How would I go about putting that parameter into the MDX?

Thanks!

BobP

The only way I can think of to do this is to make your query an expression, e.g.

="...
FROM ( SELECT ( {[OrderDate].[Business Day Number Of Month].[1]:[OrderDate].[Business Day Number Of Month].[" & Parameters!DayOfMonth.Value & "5]} )"

Thanks,
Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment